Bài tập trắc nghiệm về từ loại trong tiếng Anh
Mọi ý kiến đóng góp xin gửi vào hòm thư: [email protected]
Tổng hợp các đề cương đại học hiện có của Đại Học Hàng Hải: Đề Cương VIMARU
Kéo xuống để Tải ngay đề cương bản PDF đầy đủ: Sau “mục lục” và “bản xem trước”
(Nếu là đề cương nhiều công thức nên mọi người nên tải về để xem tránh mất công thức)
Đề cương liên quan:Bài tập lớn môn Đường lối: Thời cơ trong CMT8/1945 đối với quá trình đổi mới và hội nhập quốc tế của Việt Nam từ 1986 đến nay
- Bài tập trắc nghiệm về từ loại trong tiếng Anh
- Exercise 1: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Exercise 2: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Exercise 3: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Exercise 4: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Exercise 5: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Exercise 6: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
Tải ngay đề cương bản PDF tại đây: Bài tập trắc nghiệm về từ loại trong tiếng Anh
Bài tập trắc nghiệm về từ loại trong tiếng Anh
Exercise 1: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Because they don’t have enough money to buy a bigger house, they must make up their _______ here.
- minds to staying B. minds to stay C. mind staying D. mind to stay
- The police _______him for burglary.
- arrested B. charged C. convinced D. accused
- Many people______ about the bad behavior of soccer fans in the town centre after the match.
- criticized B. disapproved C. complained D. objected
- I never wear red. It’s color that doesn’t _________me.
- go with B. suit C. match D. take to
- See if you can ________Joe to do this share of the housework.
- get B. have C. make D. try
- The train was_____ from leaving because of a signal failure.
- prevented B. forbidden C. detained D. cancelled
- After a lot of difficulties he finally _________to start the car.
- succeeded B. coped C. managed D. worked out
- The manager asked her to _______with the complaint.
- take care B. attend C. deal D. follow
- Where are you going to ___________ your summer holiday?
- send B. spend C. stay D. live
- I ________ him of the meeting to the other day. I wonder why he didn’t turn up.
- mentioned B. warned C. reminded D. pointed
- I ________ him to work hard this semester.
- made B. forced C. suggest D. told
- He didn’t ________his children to play in the back yard.
- allow B. help C. force D. let
- Combining our two incomes will _________ us to get a bigger loan from the bank.
- guarantee B. ensure C. enable D. confirm
- Is she just _____ to be crazy, or she really mad?
- imagining B. faking C. asserting D. pretending
- Am I happy? It all ___________ on what you mean by “happy”!
- includes B. relates C. concerned D. depended
- I _________ you enjoy the play, Mr. Lincoln.
- wish B. hope C. want D. expect
- Don’t __________your bicycle too fast!
- go B. drive C. ride D. walk
- How happy we were to __________ our holidays on the farm!
- send B. pass C. spend D. have
- They are going to_________ their golden wedding anniversary next week.
- hold B. celebrate C. have D. open
- Don’t ___________me as if I were an idiot!
- talk B. show C. turn D. treat
Exercise 2: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Hurry up! Our uncle is coming. His plane will ___________in less than an hour.
- fly B. go C. park D. land
- Charles Dickens is ___________ as one of the greatest names in English literature.
- told B. known C. spoken D. considered
- At the age of sixty, the man ___________and went to the country to live.
- retired B. died C. drew D. gave up
- She __________ herself as an old beggar to enter Tibet.
- wore B. disguised C. made D. appeared
- Mrs. Green ___________all her life to teaching orphans.
- devoted B. gave C. compared D. spent
- “To __________someone” means “to put someone into prison”.
- keep B. catch C. arrest D. imprison
- How long does it take you to __________ in the morning?
- get dressed B. dress up C. dress yourself D. dressed
- Where did they _________ their summer holiday?
- go B. send C. try D. spend
- Just a minute! I must have a shower and __________before we go out.
- change B. exchange C. changing D. exchanging
- You’d better _________your coat before you go out into the cold.
- take off B. dress in C. have on D. put on
- A terrible explosion ___________them up.
- got B. raised C. lifted D. woke
- Up to now, I _________a lot of information about her.
- would learn B. have learnt C. have learn D. will learn
- They will rebuild the bridge which was ___________ in the war.
- defeated B. retreated C. used D. destroyed
- After an explosion, a flame ___________ high into the sky.
- raised B. rose C. flew D. jumped
- We __________ them a visit last week.
- gave B. paid C. asked D. did
- Faraday attended a lecture__________ y a famous scientist.
- giving B. gave C. given D. to give
- Nam was so tired that he __________ asleep in the class.
- got B. felt C. went D. fell
- The players__________ to be at the stadium at 3 o’clock.
- told B. were told C. have told D. tell
- The old students __________ one another in the school yard.
- clutched B. gathered C. greeted D. looked
- – Must I lock the door before I leave? – No, you ___________Someone can do it for you.”
- mustn’t B. needn’t C. don’t D. haven’t
Exercise 3: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Everybody …………. healthy and good looking.
- looked at B. looked C. looked of D. looked after
- After he __________ his homework, he went to bed.
- had finished B. has been finishing C. has finished D. would finish
- Peter is __________the radio.
- looking B. watching C. listening to D. seeing
- Mary often ___________. the morning newspaper after breakfast.
- sees B. reads C. watches D. writes
- Our summer holidays __________ quickly.
- past B. passed C. was past D. passing
- __________a strange man in her house, the girl was afraid.
- Had seen B. Seeing C. See D. When seen
- I’ve never __________ to Da Lat before.
- went B. go C. been D. gone
- The crowd ___________excitedly when he scored the third goal.
- spoke B. said C. shouted D. told
- I tried hard but I couldn’t ___________him.
- take B. gain C. win D. beat
- If you ___________ flu, you’ll have to stay in bed.
- had caught B. caught C. does not catch D. catch
- My relative is busy. Can you ___________ home?
- make me a ride B. give me a lift C. ride me D. pick me up
- We ___________ a table for four, at nine o’clock.
- set B. bought C. reserved D. put
- The computers ___________ used in class now.
- have B. are being C. being D. was
- Daisy is going to have someone __________ her skirt.
- is making B. is made C. to make D. make
- – “Do I have to take that English course?” – No, you ___________
- haven’t B. don’t have C. mustn’t D. needn’t
- Before __________ to bed, remember to turn off the lights.
- to go B. went C. goes D. going
- In spite of the hot weather, the little boy refused __________off his coat.
- take B. have take C. to take D. having take
- She was amazed ___________ about that.
- to know B. knowing C. to be known D. know
- The students are happy __________that good news.
- to hear B. heard C. hears D. hearing
- Children __________ play football in the street.
- must B. need C. mustn’t D. needn’t
Exercise 4: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Would you mind __________ this problem for me?
- solve B. will solve C. to solve D. solving
- My sister often __________Shakespeare’s lines in the essay.
- writes B. reads C. quotes D. uses
- They__________ to Hanoi three times this year.
- were B. have been C. went D. have gone
- What time did you ___________London?
- leave from B. live C. live from D. leave
- I was locked out and I had to ___________ through the window.
- enter B. get in C. get into D. enter in
- He looks tired. He __________a rest.
- need B. needs C. needn’t D. need to
- Money you are paid for your work is money you ___________
- earn B. win C. profit D. benefit
- We must __________well when we eat.
- hold B. keep C. chew D. brush
- Two of his teeth need __________
- filling B. be filled C. filled D. to fill
- How much did you ___________ the plumber before he left?
- pay B. pay for C. pay of D. paid
- How much did you __________ that dress?
- pay B. pay for C. pay of D. paid
- Three prisoners ___________ from the prison in May.
- collapsed B. attacked C. escaped D. appeared
- Someone’s selling a car and you want to know how much he is ___________
- asking B. demanding C. charging D. thinking
- You pass an empty house and see a notice outside it which reads: “___________”
- To sell B. On sale C. For sale D. In sale
- I don’t know how she __________ her birthday party.
- greets B. celebrates C. hopes D. wishes
- On Sunday, our family members usually __________ and enjoy a good meal.
- meet B. gather C. talk D. see
- Children _________play football in the street. They _________ play it in the stadium.
- mustn’t / need B. mustn’t / must C. needn’t / need D. needn’t / must
- – _________ we go to the tailor’s?- Yes, let’s.
- Shall B. Will C. Do D. Would
- The clowns in the circus made us _________ a lot.
- to laugh B. laughed C. laugh D. laughing
- We don’t take the umbrella. We wish we _________
- take B. can take C. took D. could
Exercise 5: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- Mr. Dick likes watching football but his wife_________
- doesn’t B. doesn’t like C. does like D. don’t
- The Pyramids _________by the ancient Egyptians.
- was built B. were being built C. had built D. were built
- Have orange juice, _________?
- will you B. do you C. do we D. would you
- I think he will help you doing your homework_________?
- doesn’t he B. won’t he C. don’t I D. do I
- She is afraid of _________.
- watching horror films. B. to ride in busy streets.
- climbing up trees. D. a and c are correct
- Let’s go to the beach for summer holiday, _________?
- shall we B. don’t we C. will we D. do we
- The young man _________a phone call.
- made B. did C. bought D. held
- Fish don’t _________noise as other pets do.
- sound B. go not C. make D. give
- I have to _________weight. I’m too fat.
- drop B. gain C. loose D. lose
- He says his father will go to a (an) _________meeting in London tomorrow.
- famous B. important C. clever D. fine
11. The clerk had to _________ the conversation in order to wait on a customer.
- interrupt B. continue C. begin D. hurry
- There are _________tourists in London this year than last year.
- littler B. smaller C. lesser D. fewer
13. If traffic moves at low speed, the number of accidents is _________
- pulled back B. cut down D. turned off D. put away
- He’s _________, so he can’t hear your voice.
- blind B. blond C. deaf D. died
- You’re _________your time trying to persuade him. He’ll never help you.
- spending B. closing C. missing D. wasting
16. How will you _________a living in Australia?
- gain B. earn C. perform D. look for
17. The driver _________ at the boys who are playing football in the street.
- shouted B. called C. rang D. B and C are correct
- I won’t go to bed _________I finish my homework.
- until B. when C. while D. since
19. He is _________his driving test today.
- examining B. taking C. answering D. holding
20. She needs a pair of _________shoes.
- skin B. feather C. leather D. complexion
Exercise 6: Choose the best verb to fit these following sentences
- I _________this shirt from my brother.
- gave B. sold C. lent D. borrowed
2. He is collecting coins and he has a valuable _________of rare coins.
- number B. collection C. packet D. pile
3. After one month of hard fighting, the northern alliance army won the_________
- attack B. force C. war D. battle
4. He got some money by selling one of _________old pictures which his father left.
- useful B. helpful C. usual D. valuable
5. I telephoned the airport to make _________of the time of the plane.
- sure B. true C. real D. right
6. _________of the visitors were strangers to me.
- Mostly B. Almost C. Most D. The most
7. There was nearly a terrible accident in the javelin_________.
- examination B. problem C. result D. event
- The picture he gave you is more valuable_______ the one he gave me.
- over B. above C. to D. than
9. How long does it_______ him to walk to his school?
- want B. need C. take D. require
10. She is better today _______better than yesterday.
- very . so C. too D. much
11.”To put off” means “to _______”
- destroy B. postpone C. cancel D. turn on
12. We will wait here _______he comes back.
- while B. until C. before D. after
13. His father has not seen his mother_______five years.
- for B. since C. during D. until
14. Her teacher _______her to come and see him.
- spoke B. said C. told D. says
15. My watch is slow and_______ is hers.
- either B. too C. so D. neither
16. She _______Alice that it was awful.
- tells B. said C. speaks D. told
17. Mary told her dog to _______down
- lie B. laid C. lay D. lain
18. The teacher has _______ come into the principal’s room.
- still B. already C. yet D. so far
19. His motorbike doesn’t cost so much _______yours does.
- like B. as C. same D. such
20. He is_______a busy man that he really needs a helper.
- so B. such C. very D. quite
- Don’t use plastic bags. They are very hard_______.
- to disappear B. to go away C. to dissolve D. to reduce
- The air in the city is very_______.
- pollute B. polluted C. pollution D. pollutant
- We are talking about the preservation of _______resources.
- nature B. natural C. naturally D. naturalize
- It is necessary _______forests.
- to protect B. protecting C. protected D. protect
- The local authority should _______the fish catching by electricity.
- allow B. permit C. prohibit D. give up
- These bags are made of _______. You can use them to carry heavy things.
- paper B. silk C. plastic D. glass
- A large number of inhabitants have made _______on how to protect the environment.
- suggest B. to suggest C. suggested D. suggestio
- The _______of cars, motorbikes and factories has also increased air pollution in most cities.
- gas B. exhaust fume C. dirt D. dust
- In Western countries, electricity, gas, and water are not luxuries but _______.
- goods B. foods C. products D. necessities
- Scientists are working for an _______ way to reduce energy consumption.
- effect B. effective C. effection D. effectively
- If you want to save money, you should _______ the amount of water your family uses.
- increase B. reduce C. adapt D. repair
- _______ put all the guests on the first floor ?
- Why don’t we B. I think we should C. How about D. Let’s
- You should _______the amount of water your family uses by_______shower.
- increase – using B. reduce – use C. reduce – using D. increase – use
- Passover is celebrated in Israel and by all _______people.
- English B. Vietnamese C. Japanese D. Jewish
- We think that Mother’s Day should be celebrated _______.
- nation wide B. nation C. nationality D. nationhood
- Tet is a _______festival of the Vietnamese people.
- joy B. joyful C. joyfully D. joyfulness
- On National Day, there is usually a _______in Ba Dinh square in Hanoi.
The full-moon festival is celebrated in _______.
mid – autumn
mid – spring
mid – summer
mid – winter
Auld Lang Syne is an old song which is sung on _______.
New Year’s Eve
Catherine enjoys the festivals in Vietnam although she doesn’t understand Vietnamese _______very much.
traditionOn Passover’s night, Jewish families eat a special _______called the Seder.
On this _______, mother usually receives cards, flowers and gifts from her husband and children.
What activities do you often _______at school?
take part in
Coal, oil, gas are ________resources.
- nature B. natural C. naturally D. unnaturally
She has ________ provided a picnic lunch for us.
- kind B. kindness C. kindly D. unkind
We’ll make this beach clean and___________ again.
- beautiful B. beauty C. beautifully D. beautify
In many countries, people crowd the streets to watch __________parades.
- color B. colorfully C. colorful D. colorless
The children laughed____________ when they played with their toys.
- happy B. unhappy C. happily D. happiness
I can speak English__________.
- good B. well C. bad D. quick
This test must be done __________.
- care B. careful C. carefully D. careless
Lan’s voice is soft . She speaks very__________.
- loud B .loudly C. soft D. softly
What will they achieve If they work ___________today.
- hardly B. hard C.harden D.hardness
The soccer players have played_____________.
A.beauty B.beautiful C.beautify D.beautifully
Your program is very interesting and ________________.
- use B. useful C. useless D.uselessly
Her parents were_________happy that she won the prize.
A.extreme B.extremeness C.extremely D.extremism
The restaurant is near here so people can get there_________.
A.easy B.easily C.difficult D.difficultly
The tour around the country was ____________cheap.
A.surprise B.surprised C.surprising D. surprisingly
Don’t be ________. We’ve only been waiting for a few minutes .
A.impatient B.patient C.patiently Dpantience
They tried to win, but their efforts were____________.
- success B. successful C.succeeded D.unsuccessful
Tom looks very __________.Do you know what happened to him?
A.sad B.sadly C.sadness D.sadless
He said “ Good afternoon” to me in a most____________way.
- friend B.friendness C.unfriendly D.friendship
My uncle’s old car was___________, but his new one is very ________.
- slow / fast B.slowly / fast C.slow / fastly D.slowly / fastly
He drove _____________and had an accident .
A.careful B.careless C.carefully D.carelessly