Mọi ý kiến đóng góp xin gửi vào hòm thư: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kéo xuống để Tải ngay đề cương bản PDF đầy đủ: Sau “mục lục” và “bản xem trước”
(Nếu là đề cương nhiều công thức nên mọi người nên tải về để xem tránh mất công thức)
Tải ngay đề cương bản PDF tại đây: Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Anh văn
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Anh văn
I. PRONUNCIATION (1 point)
Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others by circling the corresponding letter A, B, C or D to indicate your answers.
- A. house B. hire C. honest D. here
- A. stopped B. cleaned C. shaped D. worked
- A. eats B. gains C. signs D. sings
- A. study B. ready C. shy D. puppy
- A. tooth B. booth C. smooth D. look
II. VOCABULARY AND STRUCTURE (5 points)
Part 1: Choose one word or phrase to complete the sentence by circling its corresponding letter A, B, C or D. (3,5 points)
- Nam: It’s very kind of you to help me.
- A. Yes, certainly. B. Not really C. Not at all D. Thanks
- How long is this pencil?
- A. 5 inches B. 5 kilograms C. 5 pence D. 5 pounds
- Marry: You look nice today. I like your new dress?
- A. I feel interesting to hear that B. Shall I? Thanks
- C. Oh, well done D. It’s nice of you to say so
- ____________ he has a lot of money, he leads an unhappy family life.
- A. Since Although C. Because D. However
- In 1995, a huge earthquake ____________ the city of Kobe in Japan.
- A. happened B. took place C. occurred D. struck
- There was hardly ____________ money left in my bank account.
- A. more B. no C. some D. any
- Everyone ____________ Tom was invited to the party.
- A. as B. from C. but D. for
- She didn’t get ____________ well with her boss, so she left the company.
- A. at B. on C. through D. up
- Nobody agreed with the new project, ____________?
- A. was he B. were they C. did they D. didn’t they
- I wish I ____________ how to use a computer now.
- A. know B. knew C. was known D. have known
- Please divide this cake ____________ four equal pieces.
- A. in B. into C. at D. among
- 12. – “You have been spending too much money lately”.
– “You’re right. I need to ____________ on my expenses”.
- A. cut down B. cut up C. cut out D. cut away
- Nearly 1000 of the world’s bird species are threatened with ____________.
- A. appearance B. protection C. destruction D. extinction
- It’s true that _____ rich lead a different life from ____________ poor.
- A. a – a B. the – the C. the – a D. ø- ø
- If Mary ____________ her homework last night, she wouldn’t get punished by the teacher now.
- A. did B. had done C. has done D. does
- Young people prefer seeing the film at the cinema____________ watching it on television.
- A. than B. rather C. to D. or
- That’s the old lady____________ talented husband won the Nobel Prize.
- A. who B. whom C. whose D. That
- From the hotel, there is a good ____________ of the mountains.
- A. vision B. view C. sight D. picture
- There’s someone at the door. ____________ it.
- A. I’m answering B. I answer C. I answered D. I’ll answer
- If you want any more ____________ about the holiday, please telephone us.
- A. information B. description C. news D. fact
- You will become ill ____________ you stop working so hard.
- A. whenever B. when C. unless D. if
- The more waste paper we recycle, ____________.
- A. The least trees we preserve B. The most trees we preserve
- C. The more trees we preserve D. The many trees we preserve
- We have no money. ____________ does Tom.
- A. So B. Either C. But D. Neither
- I think Sally is far ____________ her sister.
- A. prettier than B. as pretty than C. pretty as D. as pretty
- Four people were seriously ____________ in an accident on the motorway.
- A. damaged B. injured C. spoiled D. wounded
- She has ____________ a pretty house that everyone likes it.
- A. So B. too C. much D. such
- ____________ he had no money for a bus, he had to walk all the way home.
- A. Because B. Though C. Although D. Despite
- It took him ages to ____________ to living in the new town.
- A. used B. accustomed C. get used D. use
- The government____________ the earthquake victims with food, clothes and medicine.
- A. gave B. offered C. carried D. provided
- He is much looking forward ____________ going on a camping trip.
- A. by B. to C. at D. with
- We must make ____________ our mind about where to go out for our picnic.
- A. out B. off C. up D. on
- ____________ bad weather, they tried to get to school on time.
- A. In spite of B. Because C. According to D. Though
- It’s high time you ____________ harder for your future.
- A. to work B. work C. working D. worked
- Ernest Hemingway is well-known _____________the author of several collections of short stories.
- A. as B. for C. after D. about
- Smoking is harmful _____________ our health.
- A. for B. to C. about D. with
Part 2: Choose one underlined word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to be correct. (0,5 point)
- It’s difficult for me decide whether I should accept the job or not.
A B C D
- He works at Heathrow Airport, that is one of the biggest airports in the world.
A B C D
- Despite she is poor she always buys me a nice birthday present.
A B C D
- We’d better to review this lesson carefully because we will have some questions on it.
A B C D
- One of the best ways to stay healthy are to do exercises every morning.
A B C D
Part 3: Give the correct form of the words in brackets to complete the following paragraph. (0,5 point)
(1-THANK) _________________ to television people can get the (2– LATE) _______________ information and enjoy interesting programs in an (3-EXPENSE) ___________________ and convenient way. Nowadays, (4-VIEW) ___________________ can watch a (5-VARIOUS) __________________ of local and international programs on different channels.
Part 4: Supply the correct form of the verbs in the bracket. (0,5 point)
- Some animals (not eat) ______________________ in the winter.
- At this time last month, they (work) ______________________ in Ho Chi Minh City.
- The house is much smaller than we (think) ______________________ at first.
- Either my sister or I (be) ______________________ going to visit our uncle tomorrow.
- I (know) ______________________ her for several years.
III. READING COMPREHENSION (3 points)
Part 1: Fill in the gap with ONE suitable word to complete the paragraph. (1 point)
TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS IN GREAT BRITAIN
Every nation and every country has its own customs and traditions. In Britain, traditions (1) ____________ a more important part in the life of the people than in (2) ____________ countries. Englishmen are proud (3) ____________ their traditions and carefully keep them up.
It has been the law (4) ____________ about 300 years that all theaters are closed on Sundays. No letters are (5) _________________ , only a few papers are published.
To this day, an English family prefers a house with a garden (6) ____________ a flat in a mordern house (7) ____________ central heating. English people like gardens. Sometimes, (8) ____________ garden in front of the house is a little square covered with cement painted green in (9)______________ of grass and a box of flowers.
Holidays are especially rich in old traditions and (10) ______________ different in Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England. Christmas is a great English national holiday, but in Scotland, it is not kept, except by clerks in banks, all shops and factories are working.
Part 2: Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each of the following questions by circling its corresponding letter A, B, C or D. (1 point)
Most people agreed that pop music (1) _____________ in the United States in the 1950s and that it developed from black American music. Since its advent, it was especially (2) _____________ young people. In many countries, they liked listening to it and dancing to it (3) _____________ it was exciting and it was a way of rebelling against their parents’ generation. Many parents strongly (4) _____________ of it. They disliked the way many pop stars looked and acted. They thought the music was rubbish (5) _____________ the group couldn’t sing or play their instruments properly. They said that pop music wouldn’t last for long.
Today, attitudes are different. Many of today’s parents are people (6) _____________ loved the music when they were young and still do. As a result of this, pop music is no longer for the young. (7) _____________ addition, some of the stars (8) _____________ careers began a long time ago and who are now middled-aged are just as popular today as they were then. Their original fans still like them, perhaps, because they (9) _____________ them of when they were young. At the same time, new generations of young people buy their records and go to their concerts. So pop music was not just brief fashion. All these years (10) _____________, it is more popular than ever.
|1.||A. had||B. started||C. was||D. invented|
|2.||A. to||B. in||C. for||D. about|
|3.||A. because||B. when||C. before||D. although|
|4.||A. disliked||B. discussed||C. hated||D. disapproved|
|5.||A. or||B. so||C. and||D. then|
|6.||A. who||B. whom||C. whose||D. they|
|7.||A. At||B. In||C. On||D. To|
|8.||A. who||B. that||C. whom||D. whose|
|9.||A. cause||B. help||C. remind||D. advise|
|10.||A. since||B. later||C. again||D. then|
Part 3: Read the following passage and answer the following questions. (1 point)
Solar energy is a long lasting source of energy which can be used almost anywhere. To generate solar energy, we only need solar cells and the sun! Solar cells can easily be installed on house roofs, so no new space is needed and each user can quietly generate their own energy. Compared to other renewable sources, they also possess many advantages. Wind and water power rely on turbines which are noisy, expensive and easy to break down. Solar cells are totally silent and non-polluting. As they have no moving parts, they require little maintenance and have a long lifetime.
However, solar energy also has some disadvantages. We can only generate solar energy during daytime because the system depends on sunlight. Besides, solar cells require large area to work effectively. The main disadvantage of solar energy is that it costs about twice as much as traditional sources such as coal, oil, and gas. This is because solar cells are expensive. Scientists are hoping that the costs of solar cells will reduce as more and more people see the advantages of this environmentally friendly source of energy.
- What does the passage primarily discuss?
- A. Advantages and disadvantages of solar energy.
- B. Solar energy’s advantages over other sources of energy.
- C. The cost of solar energy.
- D. Solar energy as an alternative for fossil fuels.
- What does the word they in line 4 refer to?
- A. solar energy users. B. other renewable resources.
- C. D. solar cells.
- What is NOT mentioned as an advantage of solar cells?
- A. They require little maintenance. B. They are non-polluting.
- C. They cost little to produce. D. They operate quietly.
- Which of the following is NOT a traditional source of energy?
- A. solar energy B. oil C. coal D. gas
- Which of the following is the main disadvantage of solar energy mentioned in the passage?
- A. It is expensive. B. Solar cells require large areas to operate.
- C. It is unfriendly to the environment. D. It depends on sunlight.
IV. WRITING (1 point)
Rewrite the following sentences which have the same meaning with the given, using the suggested words at the beginning.
- France presented the Statue of Liberty to the USA in 1876.
The Statue of Liberty __________________________________________________________________
2.” If I were you, I would study harder,” he said to me.
He advised __________________________________________________________________________
- His car can’t run as fast as mine.
My car _____________________________________________________________________________
- The picture was so high that the little boy couldn’t touch it.
The picture _________________________________________________________________________
- The deer doesn’t eat meat and hippopotamus doesn’t eat meat either.
- What’s the weight of your suitcase?
- I have never read such a romantic story.
This is ____________________________________________________________________________
- Reading scientific books is my interest.
- He can’t get the job because he isn’t good at English.
If he ______________________________________________________________________________
- “Which one do you want, the blue or the green one?” John said to her.
John asked ________________________________________________________________________
ĐÁP ÁN, HƯỚNG DẪN CHẤM ĐỀ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10
- PRONUNCIATION: 1 point: Each correct answer: 0,2 point.
|1. C||2. B||3. A||4. D||5. D|
- VOCABULARY AND STRUCTURE: 5 points
Part 1: 3,5 points: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
|1. C||8. B||15. B||22. C||29. D|
|2. A||9. C||16. C||23. D||30. B|
|3. D||10. B||17. C||24. A||31. C|
|4. B||11. B||18. B||25. B||32. A|
|5. D||12. A||19. D||26. D||33. D|
|6. D||13. D||20. A||27. A||34. A|
|7. C||14. B||21. C||28. C||35. B|
Part 2: 0,5 point: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
|1. B||2. C||3. A||4. A||5. C|
Part 3: 0,5 point: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
|1. Thanks||2. latest||3. inexpensive||4. viewers||5. variety|
Part 4: 0,5 point: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
|1. do not eat||2. were working||3. thought||4. am||5. have known|
III. READING COMPREHENSION (3 points)
Part 1: 1 point: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
|1. play||2. other||3. of||4. for||5. delivered|
|6. to||7. with||8. a/the||9. imitation||10. are|
Part 2: 1 point: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
|1. B||2. C||3. A||4. D||5. C|
|6. A||7. B||8. D||9. C||10. C|
Part 3: 1 point: Each correct answer: 0,2 point.
|1. A||2. D||3. C||4. A||5. A|
- WRITING: 1 point: Each correct answer: 0,1 point.
- The Statue of Liberty was presented to the USA in 1876 by France.
- He advised me to study harder.
- My car can run faster than his/his car.
- The picture was too high for the little boy to touch.
(or The picture is not low enough for the little boy to touch.)
- Neither the deer nor hippopotamus eat meat.
- How heavy is your suitcase?
- This is the first time I have ever read such a romantic story.
- I am interested in reading scientific books.
- If he were good at English, he could get the job.
- John asked her if she wanted the blue or the green one.
(or John asked her which one she wanted, the blue or the green one.)